Monday, April 18, 2011

...Disappointment

I apologize for the delay in posting - I was just a little depressed this weekend. I let you all know that I was planning on trying out a new Pizza Cake recipe on Saturday night. I was pretty pumped up about this new recipe - it was given to me by a known innovator in the Pizza Cake world (more on this later - I'm hoping to score an exclusive interview!), and I thought that this would be a certain success.

Unfortunately, it was not to be so. I don't think there's a problem with the recipe - it took a lot of preparation, and all of the ingredients seemed just right to create a perfect Cake That Looked Like a Pizza. There were detailed instructions on hand-crafting the toppings, and I have to say that this 'sauce' was some of the most realistic I've seen yet!

I spent much of Saturday afternoon preparing this Pizza Cake - by 5pm I had already prepared and cooked the crust, the sauce was mixed and ready to go, and I had most of the toppings laid out on the kitchen counter. I was ready to load the Pizza Cake with sauce and toppings when my mom called. I went into my bedroom to talk to her, and when I came out an hour later, I was horrified to find that my lovable Schnauzer, Ferdinand, had climbed onto the counter and devoured much of the Pizza Cake! Most of the crust was eaten, and what wasn't was on the kitchen floor. The toppings were chewed up and scattered all over the kitchen. It was a total disaster.

Needless to say, I was so upset that I took a bath and went to bed shortly thereafter. But I did let Ferdinand sleep at the foot of the bed that night - all was forgiven. I couldn't really blame him for it - I guess our canine friends enjoy Pizza Cake as much as us humans do!!

I'll try that recipe again at some point in the future, but I first need to make sure that Ferdinand is out of the house! ;-)

Only a few short days are left until International Pizza Cake Day - time to finalize those party plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment